Sunday, March 1, 2009

Feb. 20th

I'm a little behind, so here we go...again..

On Friday the 20th, Traveler and I headed into the city to meet up with Karen and her lovely pup. I took the Green Line to Coolidge Corner to meet up with her for breakfast. We went to the little Paris Crepery just a block away from the train (I LOVE this place!). After a nice breakfast, and some catching up, we made our way to Cambridge. It was unbelieveably cold, so we ducked into the mall instead of walking around it. Once we got in there, we decided to look around for a Red Sox tag or charm that could be added to the dogs' collars. After a few misses, we found a sport store that had what we were looking for. Karen got a logo "B" covered in rhinestores for her pup, while I got a dog-tag shaped charm with the red sox logo for Traveler.

On our way out, we passed a stand where they had some other type of dog tags. I took a look, and after a few, realized that they have pictures etched on them! The owner of the stand was more than happy to talk about them, he was very interested in the dogs. Karen and I both wanted a tag with dog picture on it. He offered to take pictures of the dogs right there in the mall, and he even gave us a discount! He said the tags would take about half and hour, so we went to Petco while we waited. This is always a fun prospect, and we got a few things. A dog food rep found a type of food that might help Traveler's gland situation, so I bought some of that. I still have it actually....(never used it, but this will be explained).

We picked up the tags around three and they were just great! We were both a little tired, so instead of going to a store in Brookline to find the yarn store for the crochet hook I needed, we planned to meet the next day to go. I went home, and had a relaxing evening. Called mom after her shift at the store, and she talked me in to coming home the next day. This was at 12:30 or so, so I couldn't let Karen know about the change in plans until the next morning.

No comments: