Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It sure has been awhile...

So I'm back at school now. Spring break was certainly interesting, though along the way my laptop broke, so I was without a computer to post with until recently. It is SO hard being without a computer, especially when you're out of state. I can't possibly give a day to day detail of the trip and all, but I'll do my best! :)

The Trip to Pottsville:
Overall, I'd say this trip was alot of fun. Not only did I get to see a place totally unlike everything in Mass., but I got to know most of the class as well. We had fun! The town we stayed in left a lot to be desired, but the surrounding towns were interesting. There were a few fun bars in Pottsville, including Trippin' Billies (yes it's a Dave Matthews song). I did one interview on Friday, at a canine bakery in Minersville, and did research on coal mining and my family at the library on Saturday. Did some writing on Sunday, but other than that there wasn't much going on. It was fun though. Interesting scenario; put 22 college students together on a trip to the middle of nowhere...it was interesting.
Traveler did very well, all things considered. He and I had a room to ourselves, which was a relief. He seemed relaxed, despite the LONG car trip down there, and afterwards.

Monday the 9th: Another road trip!
Grandma and her neighbor Ms. Betty came to Pottsville to get me on Monday, for a grand tour of all of Schuylkill county. We went to St. Clair, Ashland, Centralia, and Shenandoah. All of these towns, Shenandoah especially, still show their coal mining past. There are alot of run down buildings, and everything is packed close together. It was interesting touring with two women who grew up there, they knew the stories behind every building and abamdoned colliery. We also stropped by the still operating Reading colliery; you could see the breaker high in the air, and the trucks coming out with coal. We got lost on our way back to Penndel, but made it back eventually. The next days were filled with fun. I had a harcut/makeover, courtesy of Aunt Marlene, and lots of shopping. We took a trip to the casino, which is always fun. Traveler was well behaved at Grandma's as well, though I think she may have been feeding him scraps...working on that though.

Home:
Took an Amtrak train home Thursday, the pup did well on the train, and was suprisingly energetic at home. He has fun at that house, because it's so big, and there are squeaky toys everywhere. Got alot of things done on Friday (denist, sending things in the mail, spending time with dad) and got the laptop fixed at best buy. Grandma wants me to buy another one, and I think I found the perfect one! It's a Dell at Best Buy, once I can, I shall go back for it.

Got back here on Sunday, and went home again last night to have St. Patricks Day festivities, and pick up an outfit for a mock interview program next week.
Both of my classes cancelled yesterday, one I didn't know about until I got there, so it was kind of a wasted day until evening. If I had known about class ahead of time, It would have been nice to go into Boston; I hear there was live Irish music at Fanuell Hall.

So that's an update. Hopefully the computer issues will soon be remedied.

More later. :)

No comments: