Sunday, April 26, 2009

Beautiful Weekend!

First of all, I would like to again point out that this week was Springfest week, and fun events have gone on all over campus, including arts and crafts (sand art, airbrush cloth bags), music events, movies, shows, and carnivals. It's great fun every year, and I've been looking forward to my senior Springfest all year.

Saturday:

One of the highlight events of Springfest, the carnival, took place yesterday. This is such a fun event, and has gotten bigger each year I've gone. This year, the event was to be held on the East side of campus, near most of the dorms. The rides, games and fried dough were in a parking lot, while the music, food, and club events were in the grassy area near the clocktower.
The carnival started at 11am, and we were pretty much in the first group there. Kevin Matt and I walked from accross campus, and met up with Layli and her other friend. We started off in the ride area. Matt and Layli took a ride on the swings, and Kevin got a piece of fried dough. Program Committee was also handing out reusable sports bottles, at a table where you could fill them up with your choice of a few different drinks. We all had lemonade. Layli told us about the tables set up accross the street, so we headed that way. A band was just starting up, doing sound checks and all that. We found the PC booth, so I bought my Springfest t-shirt (I get one every year, they're always different) and promptly changed into it as planned. :)
An international table featured candy from around the world. They had the most delicious coconut candy ever! I later went to the store for supplies to make a batch of it. :)
After investigating other tables and games, we grabbed some free popcorn and found a nice spot on the grass to relax and listen to the band.

Tables were set up all over the place for food and games.


Traveler was happy to lounge in the grass while the band played.

The weather was great, so everyone could lounge on the grass and enjoy the band.


Traveler and I relaxing (it was VERY windy, hence the awful hair).

We stayed for a few hours, before the band got a little too loud, an my eyes got a little worn out. It was great fun though, and the location was much improved from years past. I was a little unsure about the event being on a weekend, but they definitely couldn't have done it on a weekday, since the street was closed off and all.

The rest of the day was hot...hot for an April afternoon in Massachusetts anyway. Matt and I trekked to the plaza for a few things, and along the way, we walked by parties and cookouts everywhere. People got a little crazy though.

I later went to Walgreens for some dish soap and left my college ID there. It took me a few hours to realize it was missing, so I had to look all over for it. I was glad to find it at Walgreens, so much so that I even got a toy for Traveler. Since I couldn't replace the bunny (sold out) I got him a hedgehog type thing. He likes it!

It's nice to have the pleasant weather back again... you don't realize how little you are outside in the winter until spring and summer come 'round again! :)







No comments: