Thursday night was rather sleepless overall. Once I finally did fall asleep, all I could dream about was the job fair; missing it, not getting there in time, etc. Boy do I need to relax!
Anyway, I got up at about 6am, prepared myself and Traveler, and met up with Matt around 7:20. Since we had a few minutes before the train (at 8:07), we stopped at the Comm Cafe and had breakfast. I had a banana, and grabbed some Starbursts for the road. Jenaya and a few others we knew were on the train, but we didn't see them.
Getting to the job fair wasn't difficult. It was at the Mariott at Copley, so we took the Green line to Prudential (since it was raining) and navigated through the mall. Once we found the Mariott, staff were more than willing to help us find the proper place. That place is just HUGE! We conveniently arrive with ten minutes to spare.
The job fair itself wasn't all that large. Many of the booths were filled with state and federal agencies, right up Matt's alley! I spoke to a few people, handed out some resumes, and got some great hints and pointers. Traveler was well behaved, even though there were other dogs there, a yellow service dog, and a black lab guide from another school. We stayed for about two hours. It was much more relaxed than I had pictured, and by the end of it, I was really enjoying the whole experience.
Mike was there, so we caught up with him, and meanered our way out. Mike and I stopped just outside, in the mall for some truffles, which turned out to be delicious. :P I was in the mood for chocolate after all the stress I had going into the day.
After the job fair, we were all starving, so we headed to the Cheesecake Factory. Their food is out of this world, but it's usually too expensive. However, this is no longer the case! I found a great deal on the regular menu, White Pizza and a gigantic ceaser salad for ten dollars. We stayed there awhile, and enjoyed being in the upper side of Boston, and we all looked like we fit in with our business attire.
We were all planning to take the same train home, though we got split up somewhere in the subway. We eventually all made it back to South Station, and caught our train. By this time, Mike and I were exhausted. My eyes were burnt out by then, and I just wanted to get home. Mike came back for awhile, and Matt headed home for the weekend. After Mike left I took a rest for awhile to fix my eyes a bit. I then ordered a small dinner and watched Marley and Me (did I mention that it arrived on DVD the day after it came out?? Thanks Amazon!)
All in all, it was a very productive day. I'm grateful for the experience, since now I will be better prepared for the campus sponsored Job Fair on Wednesday.
More on the weekend in later posts. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment