More news on job related things from Friday. I didn't get the internship position at AGM, but honestly I'm glad about that. I didn't get a good vibe from the whole thing, so time to keep looking. There might be a possibility in UNO's Marketing department, they seemed very interested in me,
The Weekend:
Saturday wasn't alltogether very eventful. I caught up on my rest overnight, and stuck around campus all day. It was very windy, and rain off and on. I did get to Walgreens to pick up a few things. Managed to clean up the room a little bit in the afternoon, though there's no evidence of that now. :)
Sunday was nice! The weather was PERFECT: sixty degrees, sun, and no more than a light breeze. In the afternoon, I decided to give the Flexi Lead another try (hadn't used it since Franklyn ripped away from me in October). I took Traveler out to the garden, but he seemed a little cautious of it. He knew that the line ran out eventually, seemed like he didn't want to get snapped back once he reached the end.
Since he wouldn't run on the Flexi Lead, I put him back on the leash. I did some recall, then decided to try off leash. It worked PERFECTLY! I did this a few times, with the all mighty whistle and a piece of kibble. After this, I started tossing the squeaky toy, and he retrieved it without hesitation. Amazing! There are two sections, one has a little trail and landscaping, and the other has a pond, and open grass. between the two is a concrete path. We were on the open grass/pond area. He came running to me every time I called without hesitation. He even followed me if I walked away from him, trailing the perimeter of the grassy section. The garden is the perfect place to run a dog, and it's so nice to know that I can enjoy this without having to keep him within feet of me. He won't be devious!!! I am SO PROUD!!! :) When we were done, he happily went back on leash, and we went back inside. Someone really did an outstanding job with recall. His puppy walkers must be dog whisperers. :)
On the puppy walker subject, I got a call from CSO today, and the family sent puppy pictures to be forwarded to me. I hope they get to the house by the weekend. I can't wait! And it's amost been three months! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will want to keep in contact with me. I want so much to thank them for this AMAZING creature they raised. I also have a plan to take pictures of Traveler and I in different places (Boston, Pennsylvania, New York, etc.) so they can see how much help he is as a guide, and how well he lives up to his name.
In other news:
I had a stomach ache most of the day today. Classes were fiine. Matt and I bought tickets for the Senior Trip: we're going to NYC on Monday, April 20th! I am SO exited! Can't wait for that. It's an all day trip, but according to the people at Student Involvement, it shouldn't take any more than three and a half hours each way, which is great. I was preparing for a five hour trip each way.
More Exciting News:
I was invited to join Sigma Tau Delta, the International English Honor Society! This is just so amazing; it's nice to see that my work paid off. I hope this means that I'll be graduating with honors...the commencement info says that departmental honors are presented with sashes. I've been working for several semesters to get my GPA high enough to graduate with honors. To graduate cum laude, a GPA of 3.3 is required. My current is 3.26, but that doesn't include this semester. I hope they either round UP, or that my grades for this semester push it up that for. Keep my fingers crossed on that.
That's about it for now. Tomorrow is knitting group, and the "How To Work a Job Fair" Workshop. Every little bit helps, yes it does. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment