Monday, January 12, 2009

Back at GDF, crazy but exciting!

Well, what a day it has been! I am at GDF; got here around two thirty-ish this afternoon. Here's a recap of the day's agenda.

We woke up this morning to a pretty heavy snowfall. I got bundled up and went to clean mom's car and the driveway so she could leave safetly. She left at about seven. We were soon to follow at 8. the airport is about an hour's drive, and with the snowfall and rush hour, we wanted to be sure to make it for the flight at 11:00. A stop and Dunkin was also in order.

I arrived at the airport just before ten. Got to the ticket counter, and come to find out, the plane is little. It was one of those flights where you have to walk out ot the plane on the ground. There were only about fifteen people on the plane!

Once we finally got to laguardie (after about twenty minutes of circling overhead) the airline had someone to help me to baggage, where we quickly found Doug.

We trudged back to the van to pick up another class member to head back into the airport for lunch, since we had to wait awhile for the third pickup. We all had a thai peanut salad, which was pretty darn good. Once the third arrived we headed to the foundation. Once we got here, I saw a few trainers, Mark and Dan, and had a tour of the building (didn't need it, but whatever). Then was dinner, a new "chef" and the food was great. We had a breaded chicken patty with gravy, garlic potatos and asparagus, with a brownie. Got to see a few more people. I'm surprized that they all remembered me.

After dinner was the Welcome chat/lecture. We went over a whole lot of things, all in the company of Mars (a lovely dog). Then...we all found out the name and breed of our dogs!!! I was a little nervous, but very excited too, because I know now!

His name is Traveler, and he is a black lab/golden cross!

Doug pulled me aside earlier in the day and mentioned that he had a great dog for me, but warned me that he is a little older, and has been matched twice before. With one person the pace was off, and with the other left class early.

I started not feeling well after that and got a little worried, because this is my third black lab golden now, and the first two didn't work out. I pulled Doug aside and asked him if Those problems were becaquse of the breed; should I be worried? He quickly assured me that each dog is different, and he thinks I will be very happy with this dog. I sure hope so!

So, its up early tomorrow morning, breakfast at 7:30, then a short handle refresher on commands, then dog time is at 10:00AM! I can hardly wait!

Getting to bed now, more to come tomorrow. :)

No comments: