Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Weekend

I'm falling a little behind, so the weekend will be one post.
On Saturday, we returned to the horse shoe area to do "rounded curbs" again, which means...traffic checks, a fancy way of saying a GDF staff member rushes at you with a car to test your dog. Traveler did very well, he stopped each time, and would not move forward until the car left. A very solid perfomance, except for the fact that the trainer inside the car, Valerie, is a good boddy of his, and he was interested in her. It got him a little distracted, but overall he did very well. Afterwards, we did two laps on the horse shoe to prepare for the night walk that evening.

When I returned, I got ready for Megan to come visit. She didn't bring Buddy, so we could just enjoy a visit without a chorus of "leave it." It was nice, we had pizza and caught up. Her boyfriend Glen was there too, he's very nice. After they left I stayed in the leather lounge for a little bit, as Tim was playing guitar. Traveler was a little bothered by it, so I figured it was best to stay there so he could get used to it. I managed to get a nap in before dinner and the night walk. The walk was pretty good for the most part, though he got a little bit scooty when he passed the other dogs in our group. Overall, a great day though.

Sunday;
We went on a trip to the backwards P, which would also be our second night walk. Tim's group went as well, so we got to ride in the bust with them on the way to the route. Once we got there, Doug took the three of us at once (one member of the group stayed back at the Foundation) and went through the route taking turns on leading. It was snowing so the dogs got a little bit silly, but we handled it like professionals. :) After this we did grocery store training and Daniella and I went to the pet store, which was fun. Traveler now has a lovely air Kong ring toy, though it no longer squeaks for some reason. He loves it anyway, and tries to play tug, though he doesn't growl I'm not encouraging tug. He tries to convince me to play tug though, by bringing the toy back, acting all calm handing it to me, then pulling it back again, putting his whole body into it!

In the afternoon I got a knitting lession from Marda, which was nice and relaxing. We also had exit interviews and a chance to free run. Traveler had fun romping with Daniella's dog, it was very cute.

After dinner Daniella and I went downstairs to groom the dogs. I found a little bump on his stomach which worried me. I decided to show it to Doug the next day just to make sure. Overall, it was a pretty good weekend, though it's really starting to set in that we're only here a few more days.

No comments: