Thursday, January 15, 2009

The beginning of a beautiful partnership, I think!

Things went very well yesterday. Our morning walk was at King's Park, and was a success, though abit icy. I think the ice helped me keep a more steady pace, good for a first walk. Patchogue went better in my opinion; on Main street there was a bit of ice, but we got in a pretty good groove and seemed to be reading each other well. Had a dog distraction along the way...two little dogs were running around, they saw us and darted towards Traveler, who was interested in sniffing them as well. Doug told me not to do anything sudden to scare the dogs back into the street where the could get hurt. I must admit Traveler did well, no barking or growling so I am pleased. :) He did show interest but I was able to keep in under control. So, overall I think we are getting there.

It's not something that happens overnight but its already better than the last time. Truthfully, I'm ecstatic. I'm trying not to get too excited as it's still only just the beginning, but I really think this time it's right! I saw Sebastian yesterday, who was pleased in the match("Oh, you got one of my babies again, have you?"), as was Mike S. He could tell how happy I was, and said that he seems to be happy with me too, and that we look like we are going to be a great team. He also said that he and everyone else really appreciate the effort I gave with Franklyn. He said they know that I tried and gave it all I could. This really made me feel good, because I was so worried someone would blame me, but they get it. They understand, and it's a good feeling because it proves that this is the right school for me, and I couldn't be happier about my decision to come back and give it another try.

Last night was the bereavment lecture. It was very emotional, more because of the stories of others than of my own. I did share what happened with Franklyn, because I want to put it behind me. It really helped. Everything today really made things come full circle, and I'm really glad.

Today it is snowing, so not sure what will be happening. We were supposed to do the horsehoe and then the mall in the afternoon. Who knows, maybe these will be switched today? We will see.

I will post more as the day progresses, in the meantime, a picture of my new boy:

No comments: