Well Tuesday, the long day, is finished this week. The Queen decided that Traveler needed his new name today, and after the class gave out a few suggestions, we voted and decided on Crosby! I didn't pick it but it works as a public name.
I've never explained this here, but with my guide dog I opt not to use his real name in public when people ask for it. GDF discourages giving out their name as people will distract them. I agree with this idea, but rather than being rude and tell people "I can't give you his name," I give a 'public' name. Franklyn's nickname was Jody, after the great lady who worked with her at GDF.
So, the name Crosby comes from a company that merged with General Mills in 1928. In the teens and twenties, General Mills recieved countless questions about baking in the mail. TO answer, they created "Betty Crocker" to make the letters more personal. Betty was a name thought to be warm and friendly, while the surname Crocker was from the CEO William Crocker. Queen requested that the names be related to Betty Crocker (since that's my nickname in class...yes we all have strange nicknames). SOOOOO.....there's the connection! This professor marches to her own beat, to say the least, but she's great, and I learned alot from her last semester.
We never ended up going to Emma's tonight, in interest of saving money. I'm really trying to stick with the diet, so that helped the decision as well. Had a lovely evening aside from this. Looking forward to a nice shower and some reading before bed!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment