Saturday, November 15, 2008

Adventures in Boston.

I woke up yesterday, still a little sick, but I was determined to get out and have a little fun. So I made plans to meet my friend Mike on the train in the afternoon for a little fun in the city. He was planning to go to Providence, but I can't do that with the dog. I really shouldn't have brought her at all, as my trainer told me to keep things simple while she is still with me. I don't have anyone to watch her at school while I am away, and if she stays at home, I only have an hour or so before I have to turn around and come back. So she and I went to the train to meet Mike. On the way in, we made the split decision to head to the waterfront. We decided going to the Aquarium would be great fun, so we headed there. We didn't stay long, as there was another service dog there, and I didn't want to cause commotion. Franklyn didn't notice any of the fish, though the penguins caught her eye. The seal tank was another story! The seals swim back and forth, and zoom by on lookers. Well, the first two or three seals to swim by definitely caught her off guard! After a few different seals went by, she got used to them, and watched them glide through the water. One even came right up to her! He sat still in the water, almost nose to nose with Franklyn! Other Aquarium guests couldn't believe it. I wish I had brought a camera with me.

After the Aquarium, Mike and I drifted accross the street. We were hungry, and there being a Legal Sea Foods right there, we decided it was time for us to try it and see what all the fuss is about. What a nice place! The prices were about what we expected, and the food was exceptional! We each had a bowl of chower, and a meal. I had almond crusted salmon with mushroom raviolis, tasty. It was all in all very relaxing. The waitress was very interesting, loud and very animated. She was very friendly though and told us stories and brought the dog a bowl of water.

Once the meal was finished we headed out to the train, and made our way to Harvard Square. There wasn't too much time left, but we did go to the BEST candy store, Hidden Sweets. We looked around, I picked out a few things to try, then we headed back to South Station. A rather satisfying trip overall. There were some issues with the dog, but I won't to into details.

Not too long after getting home, Matt showed up, and we watched a movie, and just got silly. We were laughing so hard afterwards walking down the hall that Cathryn thought we were drunk. It was alot of fun.

So now that i had a little fun I have to get some things done today. Have to cleam, do some laundry, and some reading. I want to make sure the room is clean, and Franklyn's appearance and such are in order, because I have a guide dog interview on Tuesday! We'll see what happens there. I also have got to get to Roche Bros. today; need a pack of water, and some soy milk. It's been raining off and on since yesterday morning. Here's hoping that we'll see some snow soon! I love snow!

No comments: