Saturday, November 8, 2008

Boston trip yesterday.

So I woke up yesterday with a sore throat. I caught the November bug, eww! It still wasn't going to stop me from getting on the train to Boston though. I had made plans to see Karen, a friend from GDF, and her guide dog. We were in class together when we got the dogs. We met a Park Street, and sat a little while in a nearby Dunkin Donuts, which was nice and relaxing. It's nice to just sit and chat with a friend you don't see much. We chatted about all sorts of things. I'm really glad that I kept in touch with her as we've turned out to be pretty good friends. The pups were sure happy to see each other again. :)

After that, I met up with Mike in South Station, and we proceeded to go to the Christmas Festival being held at Seaport. By this time it was clear that I wasn't feeling good, but the fair is good fun and I wasn't ready to go home. We strolled around the festival for a good while, browsing through handmade Christmas decor, pretty things, and gourmet food. Franklyn was well behaved for the most part, though she started to dance when we approached a table selling handmade gourmet dog treats. She even tried to snatch a puppy pastry off the table! The owners laughed and said that the table tempts many a service dog at shows. I picked out a few, and we moved on. Mike got a jar of marinated Italian peppers, and some jerky. Aside from that we didn't buy anything. I probably would have, but as time progressed I felt worse and soon it was hard to walk, so we sat down and had some chowder. It was relaxing all in all, even though I felt so awful. By the time I got home, my temp was over 102 so I decided to take some tylenol and call it a day.

Today has been uneventful. I stayed in bed all morning, trying to get as much rest as possible to fight off the bug. I'm feeling much better. As for plans tonight, I need to go out and get some water for the wolf, and something for dinner. I'm thinking mushrooms :) More later!

No comments: