Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The thermometer is reading 23 degrees right now. And THAT IS COLD! Hard to believe it was almost 70 on Saturday! Crazy!

This week has been busy, but productive. This evening I went accross campus to see the movie "The Doe Boy," a Native American film, for my seminar class. This was actually very cool. The writer/director of the film , Randy Redroad, was there, and introduced the film, told stories about production, and answered questions. He was a pretty funny guy, actually. The movie wasn't bad either. It told the story of a young cherokee boy named Hunter. As a child, he and his father never see eye to eye. His father is disappointed in his son, as the boy is hemophiliac (I hope I spelled that right, the bleeding disorder), so he can't do the things regular boys can do since he is so fragile. The father takes Hunter (ironic name) hunting, and he shoots a doe ( a disappointment to him and his father) hence the name. It was a pretty good film, and even more interesting because the director was there, and we got to hear his motive and inspiration, etc. I wonder if I can find a dvd copy of this movie...

Yesterday I had an interview for a Guide Dog. It was interesting, and gave me something to think about. Made me more sure than ever that GDF is the right school for me. Even though this dog didn't work out, I feel that GDF is like a family, and I have faith in them. :) Glad we cleared that up.

Tomorrow I am going to another film presentation, from the same director. This is a short film, and it's right after class, so I will be done early enough to disappear to get a certain Christmas gift taken care of for someone special. :) that will be relaxing too!

Okay, time to get under the electric blanket. The heat is a little odd in this building at the moment, so its CHILLY!

No comments: