I hate to post things like this, but I need to get it off my chest, and there is no one who can talk to.
I am really having a hard time with this dog. I know that this isn't going to last, and that HOPEFULLY there is an end in sight, but it's still hard. Doug told me to keep working her, just the simple routine things. However, even that is proving to be difficult. Her pace is all choppy, and not constant, she won't look where she's going, she keeps trying to look at me, and I can't teach her anything. No matter how hard I try, I can't get her to stop jumping on me, and everyone else. She keeps pulling me up and down stairs, even though I've made it a point to wokr on them the way the school taught. She pulls every which way, it's to the point where everywhere I go is a struggle. She never sits still and behaves, unless she's sleeping.
I'm doing my best to remember everything I was told, and to look forward to the next dog, but I'm starting to get overwhelmed. It's starting to make me not want another dog. I don't know why she's like this. Wasn't somebody supposed to teach her not to jump, or beg, or bark and growl? This is a nightmare. I just want it to be over.
1 comment:
Katie!!!
Believe me I SO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH!!!
But remember every dog is different (hence why I love Midnight so much)! DON'T GIVE UP YET!!!!!
I can't believe she made it so far with all those issues and still passed...
But this makes me want to reiterate to our other PW's how important it is we make sure our puppies are on their BEST behaviors at all times.
Do you mind if I share? This with them? Not your name or anything but your story?
Post a Comment