Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dogless...

Doug arrived at 1pm, as promised, and Franklyn was ecstatic to see him again. We came inside, I asked some questions, returned some items to him, he gave a few words of encouragement, and put the leash on her. I'd have to admit, it was kinda hard to see her walk away, as she's been in my life everyday since the summer. He said it's important to let emotions run their course, to prepare for the new dog.

He did hint about that, actually. He said to hang on to my ID card "in case" the dog is black, to use as a back up. He then asked to make sure I had no particular breed in mind. I told him no particular ones, though I have my favorites. When he asked what,I told him yellow labs, and he said that it *may* not be leaning that way. So based on this, I'm wondering if it's a black lab?

All in all, i know i made the right choice, but I grew attached to her, anyone would after speanding so much time with a dog. It's hard right now, but I know it was for the best, and will get easier...

Have to go get my head on straight and take another final.

No comments: