I woke up this morning to Nicole still not feeling well. She didn't want to go home, but we had to get the house ready for Grandma to come Sunday morning so she knew she had to. The rest of us had to load the car while she pouted. She didn't forget to remind me that I promised to give her my Japanese maple tree though...we were honestly relieved when she left. The tension left with her.
At two we headed out to pick up baked goods for the church's bread ministry. we picked up the goods, brought them to the church, and made a few other deliveries to people we know who aren't working.
Once we got home we were both pretty beat. My eyes were burning, so I was planning on laying down for a bit before cleaning and wrapping gifts. Mom took a drive to Tedeschi's and Dad was about to take some bread to the neighbors' house when the phone rang...it was mom. She called to tell u s that Grandma was at Tedeschi's! We weren't expecting her until the next morning! We scrambled to get dressed and spray Febreeze just as she pulled into the driveway. What a shocker! It was nice to have here come early though; she is calm and quiet and fun to be around. We sat around most of the evening catching up and snacking on holiday treats. We also caught a rescreening of the opening ceremony for the Olympics at Beijing. We'd never seen it in August; it was beautiful. They had a giant LED screen on the floor and thousands of perfomers dressed in illuminated suits. The perfomers ran about the floor, making shapes of birds and streams of light, and a sparkling bird's nest.
Once everyone went to bed I wrapped some gifts for Grandma. Still more to do, including gifts for the CT family.
We also chatted a bit about travel plans next week. It's going to be quite busy, as we're going everywhere, but it will be fun. Here's the plan so far:
Tuesday: Leave Massachusetts. Stop in West Haven CT for a visit with aunt Kathy and uncle Bill. After that, continue on to Trumbull and spend the night with aunt Lori and company. :) I have a cute dog bone shaped christmas tin that I'm filling with goodies for their two dogs, Chelsea and Mona (bassets).
Wednesday: New Year's eve, which we will be spending with uncle Bob and Debbie. There we shall ring in 2009, and I hear they've booked a room for us at the Ethan Allen hotel.
Thursday: After New Years festivities, we shall head out towards Pennsylvania.
Friday-Monday: Time in PA, which shall be spent visiting aunt Marlene and Andy, Tish and company, shopping, and going to a casino. :)
Tuesday: taking Amtrak train back home from the Trenton NJ station. I LOVE train travels!
From there its just half a week until my trip to Smithtown for my new partner! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment