Monday, December 29, 2008

Well, I am all packed up and ready for the travels tomorrow. Mom Grandma and I went shopping today, got a few nice pairs of jeans and a warm sweater. Hopefully the trip will go well.

Mom is really going to miss me. She is working tomorrow so I will be getting up early to see her. I am going to miss her too. Things are tough in this family right now, and while I can understand this, its hard to see her sad like this. I want so much to be able to take her away from here for awhile. Unfotunately things don't always work out. She will be home for New Years, and dad will surely be sleeping. She said she is doing okay but okay shouldn't be good enough. I wish he'd wake up, and be more like himself. In recent years, my father has made a dramatic turn. He is so cold, and opresses whoever he can with his misery. She deserves better. I wish I could take her with me, on this trip, to Boston once I graduate. She tells me to never settle, reach for the stars, go out and live life to the fullest and have a blast. I just know she wants it to. If only I could make this happen for her. She means the world to me, she's been there more than anyone else, and I love her to pieces.

I don't want to look back on this time soneday and wish things had been different. I want to cherish every moment I have with those who are precious to me.

This is my goal for the new year...appreciate every moment and make it count.

No comments: