Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Great News!!

Today has been quite a day. The first half of it was kind of chaotic, but it got much better because...

I've been invited to the January class at GDF!!!!!!!

Morgan suggested that I call Doug today, just to check in. When I did, he said he thought there was a dog for me, but had to check with Sebastian. About twenty minutes later, he called me with the great news: "I called to officially invite you to be in the January class." Ooh! So official! is what I said. :) I am so excited. Its just as exciting as the first time. I can't describe how much of a relief this is. I get to start over, and that I have a chance to have a guide dog like everyone else!

Doug mentioned that he would probably call me back tomorrow, or sometime soon, to discuss picking up Franklyn. Sounds like he will be coming quite close to semester break, which is good. And obviously, since Doug is on class in Jan, he will be my instructor, which will be easier, since he taught me the first time. No having to learn a new trainer's style. That way I can really go into this with an open mind, and focus on getting to know and understand my new partner. :)

I will be doing a combination training. I will head to Smithtown on Monday, January 12, and stay until the 23rd. I will then come back here, start Spring semester classes, and two weeks later Doug will come, and we will do training here for a few days.

In the meantime, once finals end, I get to go home, have Christmas with my family, and then I will be taking a trip to Pennsylvania to spend some time with grandma. :) fun stuff.

1 comment:

Erin said...

YaY! I hope everything works out for you!!